Serves 3 to 4
- 8 ounces fresh pork or beef chorizo, removed from casing
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 delicata squash (about 1 pound) or 1/2 a medium-size butternut squash
- 1 pouch (8 ounces) Frontera New Mexico Taco Skillet Sauce
- Corn tortillas, warmed, for serving
- Cilantro, roughly chopped, for serving
- Crumbled queso fresco or goat cheese
- Cook chorizo and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up any clumps, just until the sausage has rendered its fat, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Leave peel on if using delicata squash; cut in half and remove seeds. Slice squash in 1/4-inch pieces. If using butternut squash, remove peel with a sharp knife, cut in half and remove seeds, and cube squash.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high. Add squash and cook until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chorizo and onion mixture back to skillet. Add Frontera New Mexico Taco Skillet Sauce and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve in warm corn tortillas topped with queso fresco and cilantro.