- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces (1 pouch) Frontera Key Lime Cilantro Taco Skillet Sauce
- 1/2 small head Napa cabbage, finely shredded, about 4 cups
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 to 4 radishes, thinly sliced, optional
- Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup seltzer water or light beer, ice cold, or more as needed
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 pound skinless firm fish fillets, such as rock fish, halibut, sea bass or grouper
- Corn tortilllas, warmed, for serving
- Cilantro, roughly chopped, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Mix mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons of the Frontera Taco Skillet Sauce.
- For slaw, toss cabbage, carrots and radishes in a large bowl. Add enough of the remaining Frontera Taco Skillet Sauce to coat the cabbage nicely. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix flour, baking powder and seltzer water in a medium-size bowl just until smooth.
- Shortly before serving, heat 2 inches of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat to 350 degrees F on a deep fry thermometer. Have mayonnaise sauce, slaw, warmed tortillas, cilantro and lime ready.
- While oil heats, cut fish into 1 1/2-inch pieces and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Working in batches, dip each fish piece in the batter, transfer quickly to hot oil. Fry, turning fish gently with a slotted spoon, until golden brown on all sides, about 2 to 4 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to drain on paper towels.
- Mix mayonnaise with 2 Tbs of ng as much or as little as you would like.
- Serve hot fried fish in warmed corn tortillas topped with slaw, mayonnaise sauce and cilantro. Pass lime wedges to squeeze on top.
Shortcut: Substitute 1 cup Tempura Batter Mix, such as Kikkoman Extra Crispy, for the flour and baking powder. Prepare according to package directions.