- 2 tablespoons safflower or expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large bunch (1 pound) kale, stems trimmed, leaves sliced into ½-inch wide pieces, about 6 cups
- 1 pouch (8 ounces) Frontera New Mexico Taco Skillet Sauce or Frontera Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons finely crumbled queso anejo or romano cheese
- 8 to 12 warm corn tortillas for serving
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion; cook over high until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in kale. Cook and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in sauce; heat just long enough to barely soften kale, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with queso. Serve with warm tortillas for making soft tacos.