- 1 ½ pounds assorted small summer squash, such as zucchini, yellow squash and pattypan
- 1 tablespoon safflower or expeller-pressed canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pouch (8 ounces) Frontera Key Lime Cilantro Taco Skillet Sauce
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels (cut from 1 ear of corn)
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco, farmer’s cheese or mild feta
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- 8 to 12 warm corn tortillas for serving
- Trim off tops and bottoms from squash. Cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over high heat. Add half of the squash to the pan in a single layer. Cook over high heat, without turning, until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir and cook just until crisp-tender, about 1 minute more. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining squash.
- Combine all cooked squash, corn and sauce in skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco and cilantro. Pass warm corn tortillas for making tacos.