- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium-size white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- For serving: 12 warm corn or flour tortillas, thinly sliced romaine, diced ripe avocado and shredded Chihuahua or Monterey jack cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add the chicken and brown on one side, about 5 minutes, then flip and cook until almost firm, about 4 minutes more (slightly longer is using thighs). Remove chicken from skillet; cool, then slice into ¼-inch wide strips.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in Frontera Salsa; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in the chicken, salt to taste (usually ½ teaspoon) and cilantro; remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken mixture folded into the warm tortillas. Top with lettuce, avocado and cheese as desired.