Serves 6 to 8 as a taco filling
- 1 pound portabella mushroom caps, cleaned
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 medium), cut lengthwise into ½-inch thick slices
- Olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 4 to 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 to 16 warm tortillas
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place mushrooms and zucchini on a sheet tray in an uncrowded single layer. Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook veggies in oven until golden and tender, flipping veggies over halfway through cooking, about 10 minutes total.
- Allow the veggies to cool slightly then dice in bite size pieces. Mix the veggies with the salsa. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve in warm tortillas with crumbled goat cheese, more salsa and cilantro.