Serves 6 to 8 as a taco filling
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into ½-inch thick sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced ½-inch thick
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs and/or breasts
- 1/2 cup Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- Chopped cilantro
- 12 to 16 warm tortillas
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat or prepare a charcoal grill.
- Brush onion slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the onions, carefully turning them once, until golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Cool, then dice.
- Brush papaya slices with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Grill until just tender, about 1 minute per side, and then dice.
- Coat chicken with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Grill, turning once, until golden and cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool, then cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Mix grilled chicken, onions and salsa in large bowl. Gently stir in papaya and season with salt. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas.