Makes 24 empanadas
- ½ pound crab meat
- ½ pound cooked shrimp, chopped into ¼” pieces
- 1 cup Frontera Mango Key Lime Salsa
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1- 1 pound package (2 sheets) Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- Combine crab meat, shrimp, ¼ cup of the salsa, cream cheese and salt until well blended.
- Roll puff pastry sheets out to about 1/8” thick. Cut each sheet into about 5” squares and spoon about 1 Tablespoon filling on the middle of each square. Fold one corner over to form a triangle, sealing the edges with a little bit of water.
- Lightly beat the egg and combine with 1 Tablespoon of water or milk. Brush the egg wash onto each turnover. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with the remaining salsa.