Makes about 32 crab cakes
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 whole large eggs
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 TB mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TB olive or vegetable oil for pan-frying
- 2 limes, cut into wedges for garnish
Green Chile Mayo
- Combine the crab meat, panko, ½ cup salsa, eggs, cilantro, mayonnaise and salt until well mixed. Form the mixture into 1 ½” patties about ½” thick. Lay them on a plate or tray lined with plastic wrap. To let the patties set a little, place covered in the freezer while making the sauce.
- For the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients together until well combined.
- In a large skillet (nonstick works well here), heat the oil over medium. Lay the cakes in the hot oil in a single layer and fry until crispy and browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip the cakes over with a spatula and brown the other side, about 2 minutes more. It will probably take at least 2 batches to fry all the cakes.
- Arrange cakes on serving plate and drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.