Makes about 1 ½ cups
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white beans (great northern), drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeños
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Put unpeeled garlic cloves into a small skillet set over medium heat. Roast, turning often, until garlic is softened and skins are somewhat blackened. Cool, then peel.
- Puree the beans, garlic and salt in a food processor until smooth. With machine running, pour in the oil and lime juice. Puree until smooth.
- Scoop dip out into a bowl and fold in the jalapenos and cilantro.Serve with your choice of cut vegetables or tortilla chips.