- 8 ounces fresh pork or beef chorizo, removed from casing
- 8 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pouch (8 ounces) Frontera New Mexico Chicken Taco Skillet Sauce
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- Diced ripe avocado, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Cook chorizo with diced onion and red bell pepper in large non-stick skillet over medium heat, breaking up any clumps of chorizo, just until the sausage has rendered its fat and vegetables are soft, 6 or 7 minutes. Remove to plate and wipe out skillet.
- In a separate skillet heat ¼ cup oil in a large nonstick skillet. When oil begins to shimmer add in the potatoes. Stir occasionally until browned and cooked through about 5 minutes. Reserve on the side.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Melt butter in skillet set over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add egg mixture. Cook, stirring gently and lifting curds as they start to set. When eggs are set on the bottom, but still loose on the top, gently stir in chorizo mixture and potatoes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in Sauce and gently break up large clumps of eggs; heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with avocado and cilantro.