Use leftover turkey in this simple Mexican classic—perfect for brunch or a light supper.
- 8 ounces (about 6 cups) Frontera Authentic Taqueria Tortilla Chips
- 1 ½ cups shredded roast turkey or chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar (16 ounces)Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or crème fraiche
- Salt to taste
- ¼ to 1/3 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Frontera Hot Sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix tortilla chips, turkey and half of the cilantro in a large bowl. Transfer to an oiled 8 by 8–inch baking dish.
- Put Salsa and broth in small saucepan; heat to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Season with salt, usually about ¼ teaspoon. Pour mixture over chips so chips are all dampened and slightly submerged in liquid (you may have to crush chips a bit). Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until mixture is bubbly and cheese is fully melted, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve right away. Pass your favorite Frontera hot sauce.