Serves 4 as an appetizer
- 1 pound skinless halibut fillet
- 6 to 8 limes
- 8 ounces (1 pouch) Frontera Key Lime Cilantro Taco Skillet Sauce
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into small dice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green olives
- 1 medium-size ripe avocado, halved, pitted, flesh diced
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Frontera Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, for serving
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Use a very sharp knife to cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Put into medium-size glass bowl.
- Squeeze enough of the limes to yield 1 cup juice. Add juice to fish to cover it. Refrigerate fish, stirring occasionally, until fish is "cooked" to taste, about 1 to 2 hours. Break open a piece of fish to check doneness -- interior should be almost opaque.
- Drain lime juice off of fish. Stir Frontera Shrimp Taco Skillet Sauce into fish until mixed. Stir in cucumber, onion and olives. Gently fold in avocado.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips and remaining lime cut into wedges.