We call this the Ultimate Layered Dip because nearly every layer is flavored with Frontera's signature fire-roasted flavors. Our Texas Taco Skillet Sauce, redolent with red chiles and a hint of cumin, enhances three of the layers: The beef, the black beans and the sour cream. A layer of our guacamole, seasoned with roasted tomatillo and green chile, complements the fire-roasted tomato salsa layer.
Be sure to serve hearty chips with this indulgent dip to scoop up all the goodness in one bite!
Serves 8 to 10 as an appetizer
- Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet, stirring to break up any large chunks, over medium-high heat until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in 1/2 of the pouch of Frontera Texas Taco Skillet Sauce. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Gently mash the black beans with 1/4 cup of the remaining Texas Taco Skillet Sauce in a small bowl. Mix sour cream and the remaining Texas Taco Skillet Sauce in another bowl.
- Scoop the pulp from the avocados into a medium-size bowl. Mash avocado pulp coarsely with the Guacamole Mix; season with salt.
- To assemble the dip: Spread the beans over the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch serving dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of the shredded cheese over the beans. Spread the cooked beef over the cheese. Gently spread sour cream over the beef. Spread guacamole on top of the sour cream. Evenly dollop salsa over guacamole. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese, then with green onions and cilantro.
- Serve right away with Frontera Tortilla chips.