We recommend the Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce for a smoky spice or the Red Chile Hot Sauce for a traditional hot sauce kick, but our personal favorite is a combination of the two!
Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups pecan halves (raw, unsalted)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Frontera Hot Sauce, to taste
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350o. Toast pecans in a single layer on a nonstick or Silpat-lined baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter, sugar, agave and hot sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- While still hot, pour the melted sugar mixture over the hot nuts. Add salt. Stir to coat. Return to the oven and toast, stirring every couple of minutes, until the nuts are nicely coated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool. Add more hot sauce or salt as needed.