|Nachos with black beans and pickled red onion||| Print ||
1. Heat oven to 350o. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix together beans, hot sauce and salt in medium bowl. Arrange an even layer of chips on the prepared baking sheet. Top with half of the shredded cheese and half of the bean mixture. Place in oven until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Arrange the remaining chips over the first layer, then top with the remaining cheese, black beans, pickled red onions and sliced jalapeno pepper.
4. Return to oven until cheese is melted and edges are starting to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Garnish with diced avocado, sour cream and cilantro. Pass Frontera Salsa for guests to add.
Quick pickled red onions: Cut a red onion in half and then slice it very thinly. Pour boiling water over the onion slices in a bowl. Drain well. Put onion into a glass bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 or 2 limes and a couple of pinches salt. Let stand, stirring often, about 30 minutes.