- 1/2 cup Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 long loaf (16 ounces) French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound brick or Monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch arugula (or watercress or leaf lettuce leaves), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- Mix the salsa with mayonnaise and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Hollow out some of the interior of the bread with your fingertips. Generously spread both cut sides of the bread with the salsa mixture.
- Layer the roast beef over the bottom half of the bread. Sprinkle lightly with salt and spread the beef with any remaining mayonnaise mixture. Top with the cheese slices, arugula leaves and avocado slices. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place the top half of the bread in place and press to compact the sandwich. Serve cut into 2- to 3-inch portions.