- About 1 ½ pounds trimmed skirt steak
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For serving: 4 crusty sandwich rolls, sliced red onions, sliced avocado, romaine leaves
- Trim the steak of most fat and all the silvery tissue; cut into 4 pieces each slightly larger than the sandwich rolls. Set the steak into a glass baking dish.
- Mix hot sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the meat and marinate up to 1 hour. Turn to coat everything well.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to very hot. Remove steak from marinade and grill over hot coal about 2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the meat and the heat of the fire; the meat is best grilled to medium-rare.
- Put the steak on the rolls. Top with onion slices, avocado slices and lettuce. Serve hot.