- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) Frontera Original Sweet and Smokey Barbecue Grilling Sauce
- 1 large white onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
- A little vegetable oil
- 4 individual crusty French bread rolls
- Salt to taste
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- About ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Marinate the chicken in about 1/3 cup of the Frontera Original Sweet and Smokey Barbecue Grilling Sauce for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium or prepare a charcoal grill and let heat until coals are medium hot and covered with gray ash.
- Lightly brush the onion slices with the oil. Place on the grill in a cooler section and grill, covered, until crisp-tender and golden about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Grill the chicken turning once, until cooked through but still juicy, about 8 to 10 minutes total. Split the French bread rolls and place them on the grill to toast lightly. Remove everything from the grill.
- To serve, shred the chicken and separate the onion into rings. Mix the chicken with the onions and ½ cup or so of the remaining Frontera Original Sweet and Smokey Barbecue Grilling Sauce. Season with salt.
- Generously moisten the bottoms of the rolls with some of the grilling sauce. Arrange the chicken mixture over the bottoms. Then layer on the sliced avocados. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Sprinkle with the cilantro. Moisten the top of the rolls with the grilling sauce and place on top to make a sandwich.