- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, olive oil or bacon drippings
- Fresh hot green chiles to taste, (such as 3 serrano chiles or 1 large jalapeño chile)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 large, ripe tomato, cored, diced
- 8 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed Monterey Jack or brick cheese
- Your Favorite Frontera Hot Sauce
- 1 small avocado, peeled, seeded, diced
- Chopped fresh basil, oregano or cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil or bacon drippings in a medium-large nonstick skillet over medium heat. For a milder dish, seed the chiles, then chop them finely and add to the skillet, along with the onion and tomato. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion has softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Beat the eggs with the salt in a medium bowl just enough to combine the whites with the yolks. Pour the eggs into the skillet and scramble them until neatly set. Stir in the cubed cheese, letting it soften before scraping the eggs into a warm serving dish. Drizzle with a few dashes of the hot sauce. Garnish with the diced avocado and chopped fresh herbs. Serve immediately accompanied by additional hot sauce.