- 1 jar (16 ounces) Frontera Salsa (such as Roasted Tomato, Jalapeno-Cilantro, Tomatillo or Guajillo Salsa)
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Organic Valley large eggs
- 8 ounces (8 to 10 loosely packed cups) Frontera Thick & Crunchy Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced, rinsed, separated into rings
- About 1/3 cup Organic Valley sour cream or Organic Valley pourable plain yogurt
- About ½ cup shredded Organic Valley Pepper Jack Cheese, Monterey Jack or crumbled Organic Valley feta cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Shortly before serving, heat salsa and broth in large saucepan. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Break the eggs into the skillet and cook sunny-side up on one side just until set. Remove from heat.
- Raise the heat under the salsa mixture to medium-high. Stir in the chips, coating all of them well with the mixture. As soon as the salsa mixture is at a boil, cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes (no longer).
- Uncover the pot and check that the chips have softened nicely—they should be a little chewy, definitely not mushy. Spoon onto 4 warm plates. Drizzle with the sour cream or yogurt, sprinkle with the sliced onion and cheese. Transfer an egg to each portion and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve right away.