- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 each small red and green bell pepper, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ pound mild Italian sausage links, fully cooked, thinly sliced
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh fettuccine noodles
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Frontera Red Chile Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Very thinly sliced or finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook, stirring until golden, about 7 minutes. Stir in the bell pepper strips, garlic and oregano; cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and sliced, cooked sausage; simmer about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of water to the boil for the fettuccine and cook according to package directions.
- Season the sausage mixture with Frontera Hot Sauce and salt. Toss cooked pasta with the tomato mixture. Serve immediately generously garnished with cheese and parsley.