- 10 ounces Frontera Thick and Crunchy Tortilla Chips
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 can (28 ounces) good-quality tomatoes in juice, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 small white onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt to taste, usually 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheese, such as Monterey Jack or Mexican Chihuahua cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Scoop tortilla chips into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the chicken.
- Coarsely puree tomatoes and hot sauce in a food processor or blender. Heat oil in large saucepan; add onion and sauté until golden, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, cook 1 minute, then stir in broth, tomato puree and salt. Heat to boil. Stir in cilantro. Pour the boiling sauce over the chips; coating them evenly with the sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until lightly browned on top and bubbling, about 15 minutes.