- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 generous pound raw, unpeeled small shrimp
- 1 cup Frontera Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, preferably extra virgin
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber or jícama
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 tablespoons drained chopped manzanilla olives
- 1 ½ teaspoons drained capers
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Several lime slices for garnish
- Frontera Tortilla chips, for serving
- Bring 1 quart of salted water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of the lime juice. Scoop in the shrimp, cover, and let the water return to the boil. Immediately remove from the heat, set the lid askew and drain off all the liquid. Replace the cover and let the shrimp steam off the heat for 10 minutes. Spread out the shrimp in a large glass or stainless steel bowl to cool completely.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Add the salsa, olive oil, cucumber or jícama, olives, capers and avocado to the shrimp. Taste and season with salt, usually about ½ teaspoon. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Spoon the shrimp cocktail into sundae glasses, martini glasses or small bowls; garnish with sprigs of cilantro and slices of lime. Serve with Frontera chips to enjoy alongside.