Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings
- About 2 cups shredded grilled chicken
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 12 flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- About 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded melting cheese, such as Monterey Jack, brick or mild Cheddar
- Mix ½ cup of the Frontera Grilling Sauce with the chicken, cilantro and salt to taste.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium or light a charcoal fire and let burn until the coals are covered with gray ash and are medium hot. Set all the ingredients near the grill.
- For each quesadilla, lightly brush or spray one side of a tortilla with oil. Lay it on the grill, oiled side down. Spread about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture over the tortilla then spread on 1/3 cup of the cheese. Top with another tortilla and press to compact; spritz the top of the tortilla with oil. Grill, covered, until the bottom tortilla begins to crisp and turn golden, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip the whole thing and then grill covered, until cheese is melty and tortillas are crisp, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Cut the finished quesadillas in wedges with a pizza wheel. Pass extra Frontera Grilling Sauce for dolloping on the top.