Serves 8 to 10
- 1 ½ cups roasted garlic hummus
- 2 cups chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped multi-colored cherry tomatoes
Arugula guacamole layer:
- 3 ripe large Avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted
- ½ cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa or Original Guacamole Mix
- 1 generous cup fresh arugula or spinach leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup crumbled crisply-cooked applewood-smoked bacon (5 slices, cooked)
- ¼ cup finely crumbled or shredded Mexican queso anejo or romano cheese
- Have ready a 9-inch by 7-inch by 2 ½-inch (11 cup) rectangular baking dish (a clear dish will show off the layers nicely). Spread the hummus evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Red onion layer. Put the onions into a colander or strainer and rinse well under cool water. Shake dry and put into a small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Arrange in a single layer over the hummus in the dish.
- Sour cream layer. Mix the sour cream with1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread in a layer over the onions.
- Tomato layer. Pat the tomatoes dry and mix with 1 teaspoon salt. Arrange tomatoes over sour cream.
- Arugula guacamole layer. Scoop the avocado pulp out into a medium-size bowl. Coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in salsa, arugula, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and about 1 teaspoon salt.
- Gently spread the arugula guacamole over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving. Serve with thick tortilla chips, sliced jícama or sliced cucumbers.