Yield: about 3 cups
- 3 large ripe avocados
- ½ cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, chopped, plus a few more sliced for garnish
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Remove the stem at the top of each avocado. Cut each avocado in half by slicing straight down through that spot where the stem was attached, until you reach the pit, then rotate the knife all the way around the pit. Twist the two halves apart, then scoop out the pits.
- With a spoon, scoop out the soft avocado flesh from the skins, collecting it in a large bowl as you go. Coarsely mash with the spoon (or you can use an old-fashioned potato masher or large fork). Gently stir in the salsa and olives. Taste and season with salt.
- Scoop guacamole into a serving bowl. Garnish with sliced olives and cilantro sprigs. Serve with tortilla chips, slices of cucumber or slices of jicama.