Serves 4 to 6
- 1 jar (16 oz) Frontera Roasted Tomato Salsa or Frontera Jalapeño-Cilantro Salsa
- 1 small red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, sliced into thin strips (or use a bottled roasted red pepper)
- 5 ounces fully-cooked chorizo chicken sausage, chopped
- 8 ounces Organic Valley Monterey Jack cheese or Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Organic Valley Sour Cream, optional but delicious
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 8 to 12 warm corn or flour tortillas
- Heat ½ cup of the salsa and roasted pepper strips in medium-size skillet over medium heat. Boil gently until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and the shredded cheese. Reduce heat to low. Cover pan and cook just long enough to melt cheese, about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot dolloped with sour cream if using. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with warm tortillas and the remaining salsa.