Serves 8 as an appetizer
- 6 ounces Mexican chorizo sausage, removed from casing
- 1 jar (25 ounces) Frontera Black Bean Chili Starter
- 1 cup Negra Modelo beer
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces (about 1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Brown the chorizo in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until fully cooked, about 6 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in the chili starter and beer to combine well. Heat to a simmer. Add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until all the cheese is melted and fully incorporated.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Notes: Keep this dip warm by serving it in a fondue pot or small slow-cooker. The dip can be made one day ahead and reheated in the microwave oven.