Makes 3 generous cup
- 1 small red onion, sliced ½-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 mango, cut into slices
- 3 large ripe avocados, preferably the pebbly-skin Hass variety
- ½ cup Frontera Original Guacamole Mix
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat a gas grill to medium or prepare a charcoal grill.
- Brush onion slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the onions, carefully turning them once, until golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Cool then dice.
- Grill the mango slices until just softened, about 1 minute. Cool, then peel and dice.
- Remove the little nub of stem that is still usually lodged at the top of each avocado. Cut each avocado in half by slicing straight down through that spot where the stem was attached, until you reach the pit, then rotating the knife all the way around the pit. Twist the two halves apart, then scoop out the pits. With a spoon, scoop out the soft flesh from the skins, collecting it in a large bowl as you go. Coarsely mash with the spoon (or you can use an old-fashioned potato masher or large fork).
- Gently stir the Guacamole Mix into the avocado. Stir in onion, mango, and cilantro. Taste and season with salt, usually ½ teaspoon.