Serves about 8
- 24 pieces chicken wings, tips discarded, split at the joint
- Vegetable oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ stick butter
- 1 bottle (5 ounces) Frontera Red Chile Hot Sauce
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Coat chicken wing pieces in oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a wire rack set over a sheet pan. Roast chicken wings, turning once, until cooked through and skin is nice and crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Heat butter and hot sauce or enchilada sauce in a large skillet until butter is melted. (If using Enchilada Sauce, simmer a few minutes to thicken it slightly.) Add wings to sauce mixture and toss to coat wings thoroughly. Arrange on a warm platter and serve with plenty of napkins.