- 1 pound coarsely ground beef, chicken, turkey or pork
- 1 (32oz) jar of Frontera Chili Starter
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2/3 cup canned, solid-packed pumpkin puree
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
- Cook the ground meat in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the meat is nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Frontera Chili Starter, 1 cup water, corn, pumpkin puree and black beans.
- Simmer, partly covered, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve in warm bowls with chili toppings of your choice. We love to add fresh cilantro, chopped onions, shredded cheese and crumbled tortilla chips.