Serves 6 to 8
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Frontera Roasted Tomato Salsa or Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 small EACH, seeded, diced: green bell pepper, red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) EACH, drained: black beans, pinto beans, garbanzo beans
- Garnishes: Crumbled Frontera tortilla chips, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green onions, sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy (4-quart) saucepan over medium. Add the ground beef and onion. Cook and stir until the meat is browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in Frontera Salsa, tomatoes, green and red peppers, chili powder and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans and heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve in warm bowls topped with garnishes of your choice.