Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- 12 ounces of your favorite fully-cooked sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- Garnishes: Crumbled Frontera Tortilla Chips, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green
- onions, sour cream, or shredded Monterey Jack or Chihuahua cheese
- Heat the oil in a large deep pan over medium. Add the onion and cook until light brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in green pepper and cook 1 minute. Stir in the Frontera Salsa, sausage, beans and tomatoes. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often, for about 30 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls topped with garnishes of your choice.