- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey breast (or chicken), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small poblano pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup wáter
- 1 teaspoon corn masa flour (optional)
- For serving: crumbled Frontera Tortilla Chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream
- Season turkey with salt. Heat oil in large saucepan. Add turkey in a single, uncrowded layer and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Remove to a plate while you brown the rest. Remove the turkey from the pan.
- Add the onion and poblano to the pan and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey back to pan. Stir in salsa, beans and water. Heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat until turkey is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in masa flour if using and cook a few more minutes. Serve topped with crumbled tortilla chips, shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream
Notes: This chili is also great made with pre-cooked turkey. Simply cook the onion and poblano in the oil as directed in Step 2 then, pull the cooked turkey into large shreds and add to the pan along with the salsa and beans.