- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Frontera Roasted Tomato Salsa or Frontera Red Pepper & Garlic Salsa
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, diced
- About 2 cups broken Frontera Tortilla Chips
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large saucepan; add salsa and cook over medium heat to concentrate it, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth and simmer, partly covered, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken breasts and simmer, until chicken is just opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
- For each serving, mound 1/8 of the cheese and avocado in a soup bowl.
- Top with soup, then tortilla chips. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve right away with lime wedges.