Ok, you’re going to have to trust us on this one: We’re making our Thanksgiving dressing with salsa! And corn chips! Some of our team will even be using chorizo. The result: A hearty dressing reminiscent of chilaquiles or a savory tortilla budin. Your holidays will never be the same.
Serves 6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Cook sausage, celery and onion in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until sausage is cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a large bowl. Stir in crushed tortilla chips. Mix Salsa and broth in bowl, then add to chip mixture. Toss gently to mix everything together. Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly hot and top is golden, about 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro. If desired, drizzle on a little bit of sour cream.