Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 to 6 pounds assorted root vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, turnips, celery root or rutabaga
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Green Chile Chimichurri, for serving
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Peel all the vegetables and trim the ends. Cut each into uniformly sized sticks resembling French fries.
- Arrange vegetable sticks in a single, uncrowded layer on a large nonstick baking sheet(s). Drizzle with oil and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Roast, turning once or twice, until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.