Serves 4 as a side
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 small) sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 jar (8 ounces) Frontera Guajillo Salsa or Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- A few tablespoons orange zest and chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 or 2 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream thinned with a little milk, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice each of the sweet potatoes into lengthwise wedges. Lightly butter or oil a 13x9-inch baking dish, and lay in the sweet potatoes in a single layer. Combine the salsa with the orange juice and honey. Taste and season with salt (it should taste salty, since this is the seasoning for the potatoes). Spoon evenly over the sweet potatoes.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until potatoes are almost fork-tender, about 28-30 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees, uncover the potatoes, baste with the juices and bake until the potatoes are nicely glazed about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with slivers of orange zest, chopped cilantro and a drizzle of cream if you wish, and it’s ready to serve.
This recipe can easily be doubled to use the whole jar of salsa. Divide potatoes and sauce between two 13x9-inch baking dishes.