Serves 4 to 6
- 2 pounds medium red or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled if you wish, cut into 1 ½-inch chunks
- ½ cup Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican four-cheese blend
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- About 1 teaspoon salt
Put potatoes into a large saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain and return potatoes to the pot. Set the pot over low heat and add the salsa, butter, cheese, cilantro and salt. Mash with a potato masher until as smooth as you like. Taste and adjust the seasonings.