- 6 ears fresh sweet corn in their husks
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled Mexican queso anejo or queso fresco or farmer’s cheese
- 1 tablespoon hot powdered chile
- Soak the ears of corn in water for about 1 hour before grilling.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium hot. Grill the ears of corn in their husks, turning frequently, until outer leaves are blackened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove, let cool a couple of minutes and remove husks and silk from corn. Brush corn kernels with melted butter and grill, turning frequently, until nicely browned, about 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream, cheese and powdered chile for guests to garnish to their liking.