Photo courtesy of Joelen’s Culinary Adventures
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cups rice, preferably medium grain
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Frontera Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 3-quart, oven-proof saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring regularly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the salsa and stir for 1 minute, then add the broth or water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stir once, cover tightly and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro, fluff and serve.