- 4 thick slices smoked bacon, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons EACH: Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce, honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon, red pepper and onion in small Dutch oven or oven-proof saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until onion is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups water, tomato paste, hot sauce, honey, Worcestershire and salt. Mix well. Stir in the beans. Bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until beans are nicely glazed and pan juices thickened, about 1 hour. Serve hot.
Notes: These beans are best when made a day or two in advance and then reheated before serving. Reheat in a 350 degree oven about 45 minutes.