- 3 pounds potatoes (we recommend using 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes and 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce or to taste
- Heat oven to 425° degrees. Scrub potatoes (peel if you wish) and cut into long ¼-inch thick slices. Cut the slices into long ¼ inch “fries.” Toss potatoes with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Toss about half of the potatoes with the hot sauce.
- Spread all of the potatoes out in a single layer on 1 or 2 oiled, non-stick or foil-lined rimmed baking sheet(s).
- Roast potatoes, turning occasionally, until tender and nicely browned, usually 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve hot sprinkled with a little more salt if desired.
Note: For a dipping sauce, add a couple dashes of Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce to your favorite French fry condiment, such as mustard, ketchup or mayonnaise.