Serves 6 to 8
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head green cabbage (about 3 pounds), very thinly sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- Frontera Red Chile Hot Sauce, optional, to taste
- Sauté onion in olive oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high heat until browned and softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Stir in cabbage and salt. Cook until cabbage is softened, but still slightly crunchy, about 10 minutes. Serve with dashes of hot sauce.