Green Sesame Pipian
Makes about 1 quart sauce
Serve this sauce poured over grilled salmon steaks or chicken breasts. Or, stir it together with a mixture of roasted zucchini, roasted potatoes and wilted chard for a meatless taco filling.
- 3 jars (16 ounces each Frontera Tomatillo Salsa)
- 1 cup lightly toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 sprigs epazote, optional
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add salsa so it sears and bubbles vigorously. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to very low and simmer about 30 minutes. Carefully puree in blender until absolutely smooth.