Makes 6 servings
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 tablespoon pureed or very finely chopped canned chipotles en adobo
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 large seedless cucumber, ends trimmed
- 1 large carrot, trimmed, peeled
- 1 medium-size each, ends trimmed: zucchini, yellow squash
- 1 or 2 cups thinly sliced inner romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup toasted salted pepitas (pumpkinseeds)
- For dressing, mix oil, lime juice, cream, chipotle and salt in small jar with tight-fitting lid. Close securely and shake well. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Use a mandolin slicer to make very thin, long ribbons of cucumber, carrot, zucchini and yellow squash (they should be so thin they are almost see-through, about 1/16th of an inch). Alternatively, use a wide vegetable peeler to create thin ribbons from each vegetable.
- Gently mix the vegetables, romaine, and arugula together in a large salad bowl. Pile attractively onto 6 serving plates. Drizzle each with dressing. Sprinkle with cilantro and pepitas.