- About 5 loosely packed cups assorted salad greens, such as a combination of torn romaine leaves and baby arugula
- 1/2 cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 1/4 cup oil vegetable oil, olive oil or a mixture of the two
- 1/2 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Mexican queso fresco, mild feta or romano cheese, optional
- Rinse the salad greens and spin dry in a salad spinner or pat dry with clean towels. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate to crisp.
- Combine the salsa, oil, avocado and lime juice in a blender jar or food processor. Process until smooth, adding a little water as necessary to thin. Pour into a jar and stir in the cilantro. Taste and season with salt.
- Thoroughly rinse the onion under running water; shake dry. Mix the salad greens and the onion a large bowl. Shake the dressing to combine thoroughly, then drizzle on about 1/3 cup. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining dressing for another salad.) Toss to combine. Sprinkle with optional cheese, additional cilantro, and serve.