Serves 4 to 6
- 4 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 bag (16 ounces) shelled edamame
- 1 cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Diced tomato for garnish
- Roast the garlic in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, turning frequently, until softened (they’ll have dark splotches in spots), about 15 minutes. Cool and slip off the papery skins. Finely chop.
- Boil the edamame in salted water to cover until tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn; cook 30 seconds and drain well.
- Mix edamame and corn with chopped garlic, Salsa and cilantro in a large bowl. Add salt to taste, usually about 1/4 teaspoon. Serve the salad at room temperature on diced tomato.