Serves 4 to 6
- 4 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 bag (16 ounces) shelled edamame
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves for serving
- Roast the garlic in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, turning frequently, until softened (they’ll have dark splotches in spots), about 15 minutes. Cool and slip off the papery skins.
- Boil the edamame in salted water to cover until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix edamame and remaining ingredients. Add salt to taste, usually about 1/2 teaspoon. Serve the salad on lettuce leaves.